Roasted Baby Radish
2 bunches radishes, greens and taproot trimmed
1-2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon chopped fresh herbs (thyme, chives, and za’atar are our favorites)
salt to taste
1/2 lemon, juiced (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Baby radishes work well for this recipe; we leave radishes whole if they are less than an inch diameter. Cut large radishes into halves or quarters.
- Tear a piece of aluminum foil large enough to line a baking sheet. Spread radishes on aluminum foil and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with herbs and salt.
- Gather edges of the aluminum foil to make a pouch around the coated radishes. Give a few gentle shakes to make sure they are evenly coated. (Alternatively, you can toss radishes with oil and herbs in a bowl).
- Roast in the preheated oven until fork tender but still firm in the centers, tossing every 5 minutes. They take about 15 to 20 minutes. Drizzle with lemon juice to serve. They are great hot out of the oven, or as a cold snack!